A trillion Kenyan shillings is colossal! It can do so much for you as outlined below:
1. You would need to spend Sh46 million a day for the next 60 years to get through Sh1 trillion.
2. Buy all Safaricom’s listed shares at its current market value and remain with a chunk of change.
3. You could afford to sleep in one of the world’s most expensive hotels, Lover’s Deep Luxury Submarine in St. Lucia, in the Carribean Sea for 102 years – you need to cough up Sh26.8 million a night to sleep in the submarine hotel.
4. Buy 71,000 Mercedes G-Wagons, one of the vehicles President Uhuru Kenyatta drives that costs upwards of Sh14 million.
5. Assuming it were up for sale, you could buy Buckingham Palace, the British Monarchy’s residential home. In fact, if it were possible, you could afford to buy nine of them. Buckingham Palace has more than 700 rooms, including 52 royal and guest bedrooms, 188 staff rooms, 92 offices, 78 bathrooms and 19 state rooms.
6. You could buy 526 of the world’s most expensive car, the Italian Pagani Zonda HP Barchetta, which costs Sh1.9 billion before taxes.
7. Put 850,000 students through all four years of undergraduate degree in a private university.
8. Set up at least 900 fully-operational TV stations in Kenya.
9. Own 4,000 acres in Kitusuru, Kenya’s most expensive area code.